Jul 08, 22
3 Tips for your lack of concentration
Lack of concentration? Overworked or studying? Are deadlines piling up?
In a world full of distractions, it can sometimes be difficult to reach or maintain the level of concentration needed to accomplish all our tasks.
Here are 3 tips, accessible to everyone, to help you improve your focus.
1. Clean up your diet
- Choose foods that moderate blood sugar, maintain energy, and fuel the brain. Fruits, vegetables, and high-fiber foods can help keep your blood sugar levels up.
- Reduce sugary foods and drinks that cause your blood sugar to spike and dip and make you feel dizzy or sleepy.
- Your brain needs poly and monounsaturated fats to function properly. Nuts, avocados, and healthy oils are great ways to get healthy fats into your diet and help your brain function more smoothly.
2. Sleep Many factors affect your sleep.
One of the most common is reading on an electronic device such as a computer, phone, or tablet right before bed. Research has shown that these devices emit light towards the blue end of the spectrum. Such light will stimulate the retina of your eyes and prevent the secretion of melatonin, which promotes sleep anticipation in the brain.
- Use a "blue light" filter or glasses to minimize the effect of blue light or avoid all electronic devices before bedtime.
- Avoid exercising late in the day.
- Hydrate throughout the day.
- Do breathing exercises or journaling to calm your mind and help you create a predictable routine and schedule before bedtime.
3. Physical activity
- Regular exercise releases key chemicals for memory, concentration, and mental acuity.
- Physical activity can stimulate brain levels of dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin, all of which will affect concentration and attention.
- People who participate in some form of exercise or sport perform better on cognitive tasks than those who are physically unhealthy.
- Movement helps to relax muscles and release tension in the body.
- Since the body and mind are closely linked, if your body feels better, your mind will feel better too.
Having recurring healthy habits should always be the priority, but if you still feel like getting a little extra boost, supplements can help. Busy days with multiple tasks competing for your attention can quickly turn into a nightmare. A neurotrophic supplement can help you maintain a higher level of focus.
I love ATP's Neuro Brain Factor because it increases cognitive performance without the use of caffeine. So you can enjoy the benefits without going without your morning coffee!
To help you establish a routine that promotes all of these elements to say goodbye to the lack of concentration that is all too common in your daily life, talk to one of our coaches who will be able to give you concrete advice for your lifestyle today.
$199 includes one month of support as well as registration, evaluation and plan creation fees. ''À la carte'' follow-ups available.
299$ inclus un mois de suivi ainsi que les frais d'inscription, d'évaluation et de création des plans. Ensuite 149$/mois.