Jul 08, 22
Strengthen the most important muscle of all
You put incredible effort into the gym to tone your muscles... but it's easy to forget THE most important one of all: our heart.
It works 24/7 without interruption, pumping oxygenated blood and nutrients throughout our bodies.
So how do we make sure its health is strengthened?
Here are 3 tips on how to do it.
Small changes to your grocery cart will have a major impact on your cardiovascular health:
- Fruits and vegetables - are very important for every meal!
- Replace your white bread and sugary cereals with whole grain bread and cereals.
- Choose lean protein sources (chicken, beans, red meat) AND include fatty fish (or an Omega-3 supplement) Choose low-fat dairy products
2. PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Cardio, treadmill, cycling... yes, but there are other options (yay! ) Strength training and circuit training can also significantly increase heart health.
Physical activity can help improve cardiovascular health in two ways:
- Strengthen the heart muscle;
- Help achieve or maintain healthy body composition.
3. MANAGING STRESS
Stress hits the heart hard! It increases blood pressure and resting heart rate. Healthy eating and physical activity can help lower your stress level.
But I have some other ideas to help you do this:
- Make time for leisure activities
- Take walks and relax
- Putting your cell phone and email aside
Take care of your cardiovascular health. Keep in mind that without it, the Bench and squats are useless!
If you need help, we're here to guide you. Ask to speak with a coach today to get personalized advice for your lifestyle.